10mm Momentary Kill Switch
The IDO Super M 10mm kill switch is perfect for the player who doesn't want to make a major modification to their guitar. This switch is the perfect size to replace a standard 3/8" potentiometer with NO DRILLING. If you have a smaller potentiometer on an import guitar, only minimal modification to the hole is required as import guitar potentiometers are typically 9mm.
The red wire goes to the output jack's hot terminal, and the black wire goes to ground, and you're done!
- Type: Momentary Push Button Switch
- Operation Type: Normally Open
- Housing Material: Plated Brass
- Mounting hole Size: 10mm
- Mounting Panel Thickness: 1mm-6mm
- Operation Pressure: about 5n
- Operation Stroke: 2.0 mm
- Contact Resistance: 50 mOhm
- Mechanical Life: 500,000 cycles
- Switch Rating: 2A/36VDC
What does all this mean? You're getting a tough switch that will last a long time in your instrument and look good doing it!
The switch is easy to install. If you have the slightest bit of skill with a soldering iron you can do it yourself. If you do not have that skill, you should have a guitar repair person do it. The mounting hole is slightly larger than a standard volume or tone pot (10MM vs. 9MM) which which makes this the closest measurement to your standard pot hole, and if you decide to go back to your original setup, you don't have to buy a new pickguard or repair that hole in your wood. The difference is thickness of a heavy guitar pick!
This package comes with everything:
(1) Tesi IDO 10mm Momentary Guitar Kill Switch
(1) Tesi Quick-Connect wiring Bundle that includes:
- (1) 8" Black ground wire (attached)
- (1) 8" Red hot wire (attached)
This switch can be used with active or passive pickups with no additional parts required. Just solder the wires (already attached to the switch) and get ready for action!